Sunday, September 9, 2007

I'm a slacker



I know, I've been slowly slacking off. As if the unique fun is wearing off. I'll do better I promise, just have had alot going lately.

From a Yahoo News Story: WASHINGTON - Seemingly taunting Osama bin Laden, President Bush's homeland security adviser said Sunday the fugitive al-Qaida leader is "virtually impotent" beyond his ability to hide away and spread anti-American propaganda.
Ahead of the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist strikes, White House aide Frances Fragos Townsend made a clear attempt to diminish the influence — or the perception — of the man who masterminded those attacks.

OK, does anybody see the complacency here ? Or is she trying to trick Bin Laden into tipping his hand somewhere ? Old trick, babe. Won't work. She should know her enemy a little better. Read a bit of Sun Tzu while she's at it. I was a soldier during the Cold War. I knew the Russians well. Their tactics, their equipment, most everything. But I didn't for one minute assume that they did not know me and all about the Army I was a part of. Why does Bush keep choosing amateurs for his staff ? (Ok, now flame me with her credentials people.) Book learnin' is only half the battle people. Gotta outsmart them. Even if this is a trick, trying to make him believe she's an idiot, it won't work. He knows she's intelligent. Now he knows she has common sense issues.



I won't even get into Michael Vick. Sure the Falcons lost to the Vikings in the opener but Joey Harrington had the testicles to stand up and say it was a team loss and didn't for one second blame it on the loss of Vick. Much respect Harrington. Very commendable. If I watched football I'd look for good things in the Falcon future.

Mind you, he might want to choose a different number for his jersey. Sure, he doesn't have the flair that Vick had, but at least the Falcons aren't paying a fucking dog killer to lead the team.

Just a layman's perspective.




http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070908/ap_on_go_ot/iran_terrorism;_ylt=AhVTKVWeQJiyY0y6vuLCTWiyFz4D


Apparently the Federal Court system ruled against Iran in the 1983 bombing of the Marine Barracks in Beirut. My question is, why the hell were my tax dollars used for this exercise in self stimulation ? Iran is not Libya. Iran is a force in the world and I'm sure Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s not too concerned with what a Western court thinks it can make him do. Yes we will try to seize Iranian assets to cover the debt, but I'm sure the Iranians will scream Piracy ! and retaliate in kind. If the powers that be would just come out and declare Iran a clear and present danger, we might be able to get somewhere. We could even justify it to the UN. But as things stand I can only think that the families of those Marines have been given a false hope of justice. We're looking for fairness in a self centered world. I wouldn't blame Ahmadinejad for laughing at us. Shove a bayonet up his ass, but I wouldn't blame him for laughing.


No comments: